Tuesday 4 February 2014

The alternative.

Its been a small while since I have last written a blog,but being a growing gourmet, takes a lot out of you. This year I have decided to be more fruitful with my time in learning unusual recipes using unusual ingredients. From adopting Larousse, to mini  tutorials, to experimenting with freshest of flavors, I am well on my way to becoming a champion.

Having recently been in the Cape, it has inspired me to be more of an analyst,with food. It's reverence has allowed me to be more creative, more crisp with choices of what to cook.

I have recently acquired a victory recipe as an alternative to ketchup, using onions! It is more of a relish than anything else ,but it is fitting for the perfect burger.

Ingredients:

1 white onion, peeled and sliced
2tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp butter (unsalted)
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 lemon
1 tsp salt

Method:
In a pan on high heat, add the onions. Allow to brown, before adding the vinegar. Add the butter and allow to brown further, for approximately 5min.Add the sugar, lemon and salt. Stir well. Serve on top of a burger as a relish.


Enjoy x




Image taken from Google Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment